Participants / Impression / Tokyo

Midoring▲ Profile

Midoring

Since Yabi-chan and I are both in photography clubs at school and are comfortable with cameras, we were quick to start shooting photos. But the two Chinese participants on our team lagged behind and shot very few photos, often stopping to buy drinks and taking breaks. I started to feel kind of annoyed.

But that evening, I was surprised when the two participants told us through a staff member who interpreted for us that they had hardly ever used cameras before. They were under the impression that they needed to take only one photo per subject. They were curious as to why we were taking so many photos. They said, “We’ll take more photos starting tomorrow. We’re sorry.”

Learning that the reason they’d been resting so often was because they were unaccustomed to Japanese food and climate and feeling bad as a result, I was ashamed that I’d been annoyed with them. It made me realize that I can’t expect everything to happen the way I think it will. It made me realize I have to try to have a more open mind.

My Photo▲ Top

Midoring01 Midoring02 Midoring03 Midoring04 Midoring05  
  Midoring06 Midoring07 Midoring08 Midoring09 Midoring10  
  Midoring11 Midoring12 Midoring13 Midoring14 Midoring15